Photo Feature: Movement

1. Neely Moldovan says:

Seriously gorgeous photos! I love the fireworks. my husband does all of my photography going to send this to him

2. Joshua says:

These are really awesome techniques to freeze movement in a photo. This post really helps to explain how to take fast movement action photos.

I love using a slow shutter speed or an open shutter to take photos of lightning over the beach when we are there! It’s so fun to try to do something outside the norm. And freezing moments is a must with two young kids!!

I am glad to read your post. Photography is slowly becoming my new hobby. I am learning how to take great pictures, thanks for sharing these techniques.

5. I used to practice the panning shot. It was my favorite.

This is so helpful! My kids are into sports and I want to better capture action shots. Thank you!

7. I appreciate these tips because I really could improve my photography skills. I love the blurred look too!

8. Ally Jones says:

I was just wondering how to blur a photo the other day. Now I know! Thank you so much

9. Elaine says:

Super informative post! I don’t have anything other than my iPhone camera for now, but one day when I upgrade I’ll take these tips into consideration.

Thank you! I love taking photos with my iPhone too – it’s useful in certain situations… and now you can get apps where you can change the settings in the same way you can on a DSLR/bridge camera they can be used so much more creatively!

10. ananda says:

really interesting techniques ! they look great! i always want learn more about night photography!

Thank you! I love night photography – there are so many different things to take into account though to get a good shot!

11. Tonya Morris says:

These were such great tips! I just got a new camera so learning about the shutter speed is important to capture the photos that I want!

Thank you – glad you found my tips helpful! Let me know how you get on with your new camera!