Interview: Sarah Priest, Poet

I can imagine that interviewing this amazing poet is an unforgettable experience. Thanks for sharing it with us.

It was – I love interviewing people and finding out about their lives and what inspires them to do what they do!

Always fun to learn more about the author behind the poems. Star Wars is a great favorite movie, it’s one of my favorite series, too!

I love finding out what drives people to do what they do, which is why I decided to do this interview series.
      Star Wars is a great series!

3. what a fab little interview for sure. I love that quote at the end of the poem…”The world did not end the day I met you, it just began…” so sweet xx

4. Helene says:

Wonderful interview Kate! And what a beautiful poem! Her work is impressive considering she started writing a few years earlier.

5. I always loved the Wordsworth quote about poetry. That it’s spontaneous overflow of emotions. And all great poetry works better with a muse. This is a fun interview. I love hearing the behind the scenes of how things came to be, especially writing.

I enjoyed it too! I always like to know what inspires people to go out and create something beautiful…

6. I love that she carries a journal to jot down inspirational thoughts during her day. I used to do that too! Now I want to start carrying a journal again. I loved the poem, super sweet!

7. How fascinating! I just love how so many of us think we know how our life will go, and train for it, and then something serendipitous happens that sets us on a totally different path, and then we realize that’s where we were meant to be all along!

I do believe everything happens for a reason too… when I look back on my life I’m not really where I thought I’d be, but I guess I’m where I should be!

8. An autumnal theme for a poetry book would be lovely. Changing seasons is always lovely when described right.

9. Di says:

How fun! I love seeing inside the mind of writers and poets, what a great interview!