10 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Me!
I have been blogging at Kate Kreates for around 6 months now, so I thought it was time I told you all a little bit more about myself… so here goes!
- I started taking photos when I received a camera for Christmas when I was about 10/11 years old… it was a blue Konica Pop (film camera), which I absolutely loved – and which I probably still have buried in a box somewhere in the loft!
- Many of my blog posts are written whilst I’m sat by the side of a pool! My daughter swims competitively and I spend much of my time at the swimming pool whilst she trains. If you listen very carefully you can hear the splashing…
- I’m a big fan of all things Hispanic (art, literature, food, etc). I did my first degree in Hispanic Studies, followed by a Masters in Latin American Studies (both many years ago obviously!).
- I have lived in about 12 different houses in different parts of the UK… as well as two stints living and working in Spain and a year out, which I spent in Mexico and Brazil.
- I have always used Canon cameras since I took up photography seriously (well, not that seriously lol!).
- I love listening to heavy metal and going to gigs/festivals. I listen to music pretty much all the time…
- My other passion is travelling. I travel as much as I can, even if I’m only going out exploring new places within the UK.
- My favourite style of photography is abstract, although I also enjoy macro photography.
- My favourite author of all time is Gabriel García Márquez (Google him – he’s definitely worth checking out if you like to read!).
- I enjoy walking. Anywhere. I love to walk in the countryside – particularly in the mountains – but I also take every opportunity I can to go urban exploring too.
So that was a little bit more information about me – now what about you? Why not tell me something I don’t know about you in the comments below… I look forward to reading it!