My Inspiration!

1. My biggest influences are my kids. Yeah, I know, cliche. But if it weren’t for them, I wouldn’t be the person I am today. 🙂

Absolutely – whilst we are an important influence our kids as they grow up, they are a big influence on us too!

2. Andrea says:

Well, my pastor has been a huge influence – plus God, of course…. 😀😀

Very important influences on many people’s lives…

My photography influence comes heavily from my mom’s side of the family. Not so much in the influencing my photography, but in loving photography itself. My grandfather was the photographer for Michigan State when he was there, my mom has had a camera in hand as long as I can remember, and I have had my own camera since middle school. Now I am the yearbook coordinator/photographer at my son’s elementary school. Capturing moment’s is just part of who I am, I guess!!

Wow, what a great family photography tradition… no wonder you are such a keen photographer!

4. One of my big passions is reading and the other is fitness. I often hike and I get inspiration from nature so often.

Nature is also one of my photography inspirations – there is such beauty around us!

5. I absolutely love 90’s music specially Metallica and Linkin Park.

6. Oh gosh I follow so many people who inspire me Love Maegan, girrlscout, Ijeoma Oluo, Peter MicKinnon, I have a few teachers that inspire me too. I think it’s important to find inspiration that motivates you to be a better person emotionally and creatively! I love Frida Kahlo but I don’t know much about her or her work.

I haven’t heard of some of those – I’ll check them out! I got into Frida Kahlo’s work at uni and during my time in Mexico…

7. Vyom Kapoor says:

Such amazing and incredible source of inspirations and I am looking forward to reading some of the authors here.

I can definitely recommend both these authors – such talented writers!

8. Oh wow! I remember that National Geographic photo from so many years ago. Recently, they went back and found the little girl and photographed her as an adult.

I know – such a famous photo! It was great to see her as an adult too wasn’t it!

9. shan says:

My inspiration is my grandmother… my ‘Grammy.’ She was my person and the most devoted, precious soul that saw the good in everyone and hated conflict at all costs. I see a lot of her in myself in how I deal with conflict and life. These are good suggestions.

Your Grammy sounds like an inspirational woman – you are lucky to have had her in your life.

10. Becca Wilson says:

It is so nice to have such an influence on your work. Amazing where it can come from!

I guess inspiration is all around us if we open our eyes to it!