Photography Gear I Never Leave Home Without

1. lauren stewart says:

I always take tons of memory cards with me to photo shoots!! It never hurts to have spares

Exactly – and they take up so little space that it’s not worth not doing!

I was photographing an event for my son’s yearbook last weekend and I completely forgot a spare battery! Luckily, one of the other PTO mom’s who was leaving at that time ran to my house and grabbed one for me. I will never leave without that again!!

Oh no – it always happens at the worst possible time too I find! Still, you live and learn LOL!

This is really helpful. I am slowly getting more and more into photography and will take all the advice and info I can!

Thank you – glad you found it useful! I have plenty of other tips on my blog too…

4. Tonya Morris says:

All of these are must haves when I am out shooting for my blog! I just got a new camera bag that I love!

Absolutely – I do sometimes carry other kit but this stuff always goes with me…

5. Sarah says:

I love that camera case! Like you, I can’t figure out why people don’t protect their cameras. It’s similar to having a laptop – it belongs in a protective bag when not in use!

It’s great isn’t it – fits a spare lens and all my other bits and pieces! It’s crazy isn’t it… they’ll learn when they drop it or it gets dirt on the sensor!

6. nicole says:

you seem to be really organized and prepared with having all of that camera gear with you. i wouldnt have thought about bringing the extra memory card, that sounds like such a no brainer, but its so tiny that its easy to slip your mind.

I try to be – but it’s come from years of doing it! I’ve been caught out by not having a spare memory card before – I won’t make that mistake again (well, probably!)!

7. I am totally one of those people who don’t put my camera in a bag. I have a wrist strap for it and lug it around with that. It’s perfect for how I use it. I definitely need to have a polarizing filter though and probably should keep a spare in the car!

My DSLR would be too big to carry like that to be honest, particularly with a zoom lens attached LOL! Definitely worth having a spare battery and memory card though…

8. Stephanie Cruz says:

These are such essentials! This reminded me to get a remote shutter release and the polarising filter. while i may still be a newbie in photography I find that the more I practice taking photos, the more I realize there are certain accessories you need to make sure youre protecting your camera as well as produce great output. Thanks for this!

Glad you found it helpful… it’s amazing the amount of stuff you need just to take a few photos isn’t it!