Photo Feature: Street Photography

1. I’m not much a photographer myself but I can see these are great tips for street photography. You have some really stunning shots here!

2. Eileen Mendoza Loya says:

I am going to take your tips to heart. I have always wanted to do street photography but since I have not been out much lately, (illness related), I really miss going for a walk. Tomorrow is my doctor’s appointment and I will take my camera with me. I have a lot of interesting locations around the hospital that I think would make good subjects.

I’m so glad you found them helpful… I hope you feel better soon and that you get some great photos!

I’ve never done street photography before. I’ve always been too nervous that people would get upset. I didn’t know that it’s allowed in public places though. I’ve seen photos of gorgeous and interesting places around Houston, I just need to get out around town and see what I can find.

Give it a go – it does take a little getting used to but there are lots of great photo opportunities out there. I’ve only twice been asked not to take a photo…

4. These are very helpful tips for street photography! Sometimes out of quite a few shots only a few are phenomenal. Those few are usually worth it. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you – glad you found my tips useful! Indeed – most photographers only ever use a very small number of the photos they take… most just get deleted!

5. Graciella says:

I love landscape and street photography. Even if I have my camera with me I still use the camera on my phone aswell especially when I want to make an unnoticed picture. I can zoom in quite far with my camera (Sony dsc-h400) so I can still make great shots from a distance. Thanks for your tips!

I’m the same – sometimes it’s just more convenient to grab your phone isn’t it. You’re welcome – I hope you find them helpful!

6. Elaine says:

These are great tips. I’ve never really tried to take street photos before because I just feel too awkward, but I do admire seeing nice shots when they’re posted. No reason why one of those nice shots can’t be mine!

Thank you – hope they are helpful! Exactly – you don’t know until you get out there and give it a go…

Your pictures are absolutely amazing. I never thought about taking street photos, I will try and hopefully mine will come as great as yours.

Aw, thank you! Give it a go – it just takes a bit of getting used to! And the more you practice, the better your photos will get…

8. I love the second picture, but they are all really good. Street photography is my favorite though I do not go out and do it as often as I would like, something I would like to change, which means following your tip of having my camera always with me!

Thank you – I like that one too! It’s much easier nowadays – you can take great photos on your phone, which few of us ever leave the house without LOL!

9. Rachel says:

I need to get better about the stealthy picture taking. I never like to be obvious but I need to get better quality pictures.

Try and keep your distance as much as possible and take the photo as quickly as you can, before people spot you. Taking better photos is really all about practice… good luck!

10. I love your pictures. In particular the one of camden market – the first one and also the shot of New York – Radio city is ace, but not been there at Christmas time x

Thank you so much! I love the Radio City one too – can’t wait to go back there in November and do it all again!

11. Nati says:

I’m not a photographer but I would love to do street photography one day! I still have a lot to learn but your tips really help.

Aw, thank you – glad to hear you’re finding my tips helpful!

12. Becca Wilson says:

Natural life photography like this always turns out so great. I love all the life that you captured!

Thank you – I like capturing real life as it happens on the streets!

13. Wonderful tips! I love the picture of people enjoying the music and dancing! I’ve tried doing some street photography but they often end up boring, so I will try your tips!

Thank you – I hope they help you get some great images! It’s mainly about getting lots of practice… let me know how you get on.