Photo Feature: Close Ups

I love my macro lens! I got it about a year ago, and we got some gorgeous photos this summer when we took a trip to a bunch of the national parks in Utah and Wyoming. I like close-up portraits most of the time, too.

Macro lenses are great… you can definitely get some amazing close up shots with them. I like close up portraits too – well, I like taking close up portraits though I don’t like being in them!

2. I love close up images. It’s a challenge depending on the camera and lenses you have of course but you can definitely take some very very cool pictures!

You’re right, although most cameras and phones now have a setting for shooting close ups so it’s much easier than it was in the past… And you can definitely get some great images when you get in really close.

3. Close ups can show so much detail. I like the center of the flower you shared here. Great photos!

Thank you! I love to look at the small details in my photography… close ups offer a different perspective.

4. Rachel says:

I like the close up photography. It is so amazing how detailed the most basic things are when you get really close.

I think it’s nice to see the fine detail for a change rather than the whole object…

5. These are great photos! I love macro photography. We have a very nice park locally that has a variety of flowers and I go there all the time to get close ups.

Thank you! I love taking close ups of flowers too – they are definitely one of my favourite subjects to photograph.

6. Becca Wilson says:

Close up photography is so very cool when you get the right angle. I love it!

Me too! And you’re right – getting the right angle is one of the keys to getting an interesting close up shot.

7. I love that your close up of the sunglasses doesn’t have the camera in the reflection, that is not easy to do. I love close up shots and would love to invest in a macro lens one day!

I know – you have to get the angle just right or you end up in the shot whether you want to be or not!

8. Stephanie Cruz says:

I personally love shooting closeups sometimes as you can really see the visual details especially for nature photos and youre right, sometimes it makes people guess what it is too!

I love shooting really close up – I enjoy focusing on the detail rather than the whole object…

I love seeing images I can’t immediately identify. It helps change my perspective or appreciate something differently. Close up images are really effective in doing that.

Me too – it’s interesting to look at things from a different perspective, isn’t it!

10. Maysz says:

Close up photographs look Amazing 🙂 This close up photography looks new for me I like it!

They look effective, don’t they! Hope you enjoy giving it a go…

11. Pooja Shama says:

Closeup are amazing only if taken properly. I dont know much about lens or cameras but I feel a good photographer could make best out of anything. Some closeup pictures might give different perspective than taken from long distance.

I would say that any picture can be amazing if it’s taken properly… and it’s not necessarily about having expensive equipment, more about having an eye for a good shot.