August Photo Challenge

1. GiGi Eats says:

All my photos on Instagram are food-related in some fashion. It would be interesting to take on this challenge but also assimilate food into the mix!

I’m sure you could get food into them all somehow… Let me know if you decide to take on the challenge LOL!

When I took a photography class in college many years ago, all of our homework assignments were like this. We were given a random prompt and had the week to do it. The only requirement was that the photos were taken around campus. It was so fun to see everyone’s different takes on the prompts and assignments.

I love doing challenges like this – it’s amazing how many different photos you can get from just a one/two word prompt…

3. Jennifer says:

This is a pretty cool idea! I saw something on Twitter about 30 days of blogging, I was thinking of doing that.

It’s just a bit of fun – gets you thinking creatively! Not sure I could blog every day for a month… that would be tough!

4. nicole says:

This is awesome. If photography is anything like blogging, I’m sure you hit creative block sometimes. This is a great way to get over the hump!

You definitely get creative blocks in photography as much as in writing – I like doing these challenges because they’re fun but also because they make you think creatively…

5. These are great prompts! I love photo challenges and am doing one for August as well. Good luck and I hope you have a blast creating this month!

Thank you, they’re great fun aren’t they? I hope you have fun with your August challenge too!

6. Great idea. I haven’t really used my camera in a while now. Too many things to handle. lol so after reading your post, I might get back to basic photography.

Give it a go – I go through phases of doing lots of photography and then I do very little for a while. I enjoy these challenges as it forces me to think about what I’m shooting…

7. I think this would be such fun for photographers and even those who dabble in photography. It would be so interesting to see unique takes on each prompt. I love your retro photo!

I love these challenges – there are lots of them about… they’re great for getting you thinking about your photography! Thank you – I love anything retro!

8. Maysz says:

Nice photography! This is really interesting! I love photography too 🙂

9. Holly Lasha says:

What a fun idea. I definitely need to be better at adding photos to instagram!!

I enjoy photo challenges – they’re fun and get you thinking creatively about your photography!

10. Vy Nguyen says:

Such an interesting challenge! I am not that type of professional photographer but I really love taking photos. I’ll definitely finish this challenge. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you enjoy it – don’t forget to share your photos on Instagram!

11. Rachel says:

I am not going to participate. I am certainly going to enjoy following along with you and whomever else does!