Photo Focus: Flowers

1. Kim says:

These pictures are so vibrant and crystal clear. Thanks for sharing on this. The second flower looks like hibiscus. I love all the rich colours showcased. You have a great eye.

Thank you so much – I really love taking pics of flowers! And I think you’re right – the second one is a hibiscus!

Your pictures are gorgeous! I love taking photos of the flowers in my garden first thing in the morning when they are still wet from the dew (or sprinklers).

Thank you so much! You can get some lovely photos of dew/raindrops on flowers, can’t you – you just have to get out into the garden at the right time!

Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous. I love flowers and I am enjoying mine right now.

Thank you – photography is one of my passions! I love flowers too – they’re so beautiful!

4. Your photos are gorgeous! I love taking pictures of flowers – they always make me smile and add a touch of beauty to all the ugliness in the world.

5. Rachel says:

I also like the picture of the bee collecting pollen. I have just successfully grown big flowers for the first time and saw a bee on a blossom today.

Thank you – that’s one of my favourite photos too!

6. Love these photos of flowers! These would make really nice canvas wall art for sure x

Thank you – I am thinking of getting some of them made into wall art… thought they would make nice gifts.

7. Great capture of the bee! I love the cropped pink flower. I love capturing flowers but am not good at getting my focus right yet.

Thank you – I love the bee photo! It’s just down to practice – the more you do it, the better you’ll get!

8. Love these pictures! I have been practicing taking some pictures on my own camera. Thanks for the tips!!

Thank you! It’s mainly down to practice and experimenting with your camera to see what works best…

9. Tereka McCollum says:

Botanical Gardens are my favorite. These are some very pretty photos. Though I have an iPhone, I don’t think mine takes pictures this good. Awesome job.

Thank you so much! I find my iPhone takes pretty good photos when the light is good, but obviously you can’t tweak the settings like you can on a DSLR or bridge camera so your creative options are somewhat limited…

10. Holly Lasha says:

Flowers are fun to photograph. They are so pretty and detailed. Great photos…very nicely done!

I think so too! Thank you – they are some of my favourite photos!

11. chelf says:

I love it when people talk in numbers when it comes to photography! I find it so much more helpful than the general tips and guidelines! Amazing pictures, well done!

Thank you! I like to provide both when I can as some people like to know about camera settings whereas some people prefer general tips and hints…

12. Kayla says:

These flowers are beautiful. I love the vivid color.

13. Eloise says:

Flowers are so beautiful! they make so many peoples moods change for the better (flowers are special that way). I love your photos, thanks for sharing the lovely pops of color from such pretty flowers.

I agree – you can’t be unhappy faced with lots of brightly coloured flowers!
      Thank you – glad you like them!